How Do the Best Leaders Inspire Excellence and Make Things Happen?
This is the third part of a five-part series that started two posts ago. If you want to really understand all of this, go back and read the first two parts.
Part 3: Drive to Execute Activation
Leaders with Courage:
- Confront difficult issues head-on.
- Come on stronger when people resist them.
- Are aggressive—sometimes intimidating—through the force of their personality.
- Tend to reach with emotions when hitting obstacles.
Courage is the capacity to increase determination in the face of resistance—to relish challenges in one’s work.
Leaders with Activator:
- Are persuasive—sell their ideas to associates.
- Are biased to action; they make things happen.
- Can get people to follow them.
- Make decisions and move forward.
Activator is the drive to make things happen—to be proactive.
Understanding what leadership talents and traits you have . . . and the ones that your team members and your leader have . . . will help you in getting results and understanding what makes you and others tick.
Next post I will cover the leadership talents that the best leaders have when it comes to relationships. . . . Lee