Often people ask me,” How do you go about setting priorities each day when you have so many things to accomplish?”
Here is a list of questions that you should ask yourself as you sit and look at the list of things that you have to get done today.
First sit in a quiet place and make a list of all of the things that you can think of that you need to get done in your life. Then look at them and ask yourself these questions:
- Which of these items are urgent?
- Which of my long-range and intermediate, vital goals should I work on today?
- Which of all priorities will give me the highest payoff?
- Which of the projects does my leader consider most vital?
- What will happen if I don’t do the above projects today? Who will find out? Who will suffer?
- Which items that I did not get done yesterday should I work on today?
- Of all tasks to be done today, which will make me feel better to get off my “plate”?
- What does Company policy suggest? What do my personal values suggest?
Think about this list every day, and I think that you will find that it makes it a little easier to figure out what to attack first! Have a good weekend and good luck. . . . Lee