A friend of mine sent me the following 16 Rules for Success. Number 4 and 13 are especially relevant for people losing their jobs right now. Have a good weekend everyone.
Not sure if you know who Bob Parsons is but, I am sure you have heard of his incredibly successful company GoDaddy. I have a poster of his 16 Rule for Success in my office and I thought you might enjoy as well.
- Get and stay out of your comfort zone.
- Never give up.
- When you are ready to quit, you’re closer than you think.
- Accept the worst possible outcome.
- Focus on what you want to have happen.
- Take things a day at a time.
- Always be moving forward.
- Be quick to decide.
- Measure everything of significance.
- Anything that is not managed will deteriorate.
- Pay attention to your competitors, but pay more attention to what you’re doing.
- Never let anybody push you around.
- Never expect life to be fair.
- Solve your own problems.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously.
- There’s always a reason to smile.
Most of all I like a quote from him on the bottom of the poster “We’re not here for a long time we’re here for a GOOD TIME“